Nourishing lips scrub for making your own personal care products is one of the best ways for you to keep toxins out of your body. In the chilly months the air gets dry, and our lips suffer for it. As they get chapped, they often get covered in a layer of crusty, peeling, annoying dead skin that usually ends up getting bitten or tugged off-and that doesn’t do anybody any favors. but one that I have found can be avoided by making a simple lip scrub. I used to purchase my scrub, and then I realized it’s actually the easiest thing in the world to make. If you every get dry or peeling lips, you’ll love this. Here is the super simple recipe of Nourishing lip scrub.
The sugar provides the exfoliating, while the oil and honey hold everything together while providing moisture and nourishment to your lips.
Ingredients for Nourishing lips scrub:
– 1 part honey (or other liquid sweetener. Vegetable glycerine is great for those with candida if you are concerned about eating some of it.)
– 1 part granulated sweetener (See notes.)
– 1 part olive oil (other great oils would be jojoba, almond, or even coconut oil)
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Apply a small amount to lips.
3. Rub gently into lips for a few seconds or up to two minutes.
4. If time allows, let the mixture remain on lips for a minute or two.
5. Wipe off gently with a warm, damp cloth (or you can just lick it all off, right.
6. Store the excess in a closed container.
7. Enjoy your smooth, soft, healthier lips.